“Think of giving not as a duty but as privilege” —John D. Rockefeller Jr.
Kids Co. is a nonprofit child care organization. And why a nonprofit? Our founder, Susan R. Brown worked for a profit child care in the 1980s. She saw first-hand the effects on families who couldn’t enroll their children simply because they couldn’t afford the tuition.
Other things she noticed:
- Most families are either working, in school, or disabled;
- Many are single parents trying to make ends meet on one-income;
- The inability to obtain care hinders their ability to work and/or attend school;
- The cost of child care tuition rivals that of college tuition;
- Affordable care options are hard to find!
As a nonprofit, Kids Co. is here to serve the kids rather than the profit. This distinguishes Kids Co. from the many for-profit child care businesses in our community and allows us to use our funds in proactive ways that support our families and staff. Here’s what we do with your donations:
- Provide tuition assistance for low-income families who are experiencing trauma;
- Give our staff dynamic, comprehensive, and relevant training so they can care for children’s unique needs and keep them safe;
- Incorporate experiential learning programming (think field trips, guest teachers, and specialty classes) that that gives them real-life and hands-on experiences;
- Serve delicious and healthy snacks to all of our students so they won’t be hungry during their out of school time. If you have a chance please watch this Frontline documentary that focuses on food insecurity in America.
We invite you to get to know Kids Co. on a personal level. Ask for a site tour, enroll your kid, volunteer, or make a donation. Explore our website, tell us what you like, and we’re here to listen, learn, and share.
The Evergreen Children’s Association dba Kids Co. is a 501(c)3 organization, Tax ID (EIN) #91-1450148.