Kids Co. is a nonprofit child care organization. And why a nonprofit? Our founder, Susan R. Brown worked for a profit child care in the 1980s. She saw first-hand the effects on families who couldn’t enroll their children simply because they couldn’t afford the tuition.
Other things she noticed:
- Most families were either working, in school, or disabled
- Many were single parents trying to make ends meet on one income
- The inability to obtain care hindered their ability to work and/or attend school
- The cost of child care tuition rivals that of college tuition
Affordable care options are hard to find! As a nonprofit, Kids Co. is here to serve the kids rather than the profit. This distinguishes Kids Co. from the many for-profit child care businesses in our community and allows us to use our funds in proactive ways that support our families and staff.
Here's what we do with your donation:
- Provide tuition assistance for low-income families who are experiencing trauma
- Give our staff dynamic, comprehensive, and relevant training so they can care for children’s unique needs and keep them safe
- Incorporate experiential learning programming that gives them real-life and hands-on experiences
- Serve delicious and healthy snacks to all of our students so they won’t be hungry during their out of school time
“Think of giving not as a duty but as privilege" —John D. Rockefeller