REGIONAL SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Provide staffing support for multiple locations, offering a high quality child care experience for children ages 3-12 according to the philosophies, policies, and procedures of the organization.
This is a full-time hourly position with a flexible, varied schedule of 30+ hours per week between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm. Schedule varies depending on site and time of year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and incorporate Kids Co.’s mission and vision in all duties and in the community.
- Travel frequently between Kids Co. locations.
- Maintain a safe environment for children by following state licensing standards, keeping facilities hazard-free, ensuring equipment and play space are in working order, and being aware of potential threats to safety.
- Actively play with and supervise children ensuring they are within visual and auditory range at all times.
- Create a fun environment that encourages exploration, active learning, and play by providing opportunities for children to interact with a variety of learning stations.
- Occasionally plan and execute developmentally appropriate activities and curriculum for the children.
- Teach and develop positive social behaviors in children that nurture peer-to-peer relationship building and support continuity of care. Support positive behavior reinforcement using the Prevent, Teach, Reinforce (PTR) model.
- Keep notes and observations on individual children when needed.
- Follow child tracking and search procedures.
- Be aware of individual child allergies/restrictions, medical needs, authorized pick-ups, etc.
- Document all accidents, illnesses, incidents, and administered medications on the required forms immediately after occurrence.
- Develop and maintain professional and positive relationships with families. Provide feedback about their child’s day.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by Kids Co. and state licensing to keep current of new developments in ECE, out of school time care, and state regulations.
- Ensure that all information regarding children, families, and staff is kept confidential. Sharing of information is prohibited.
- Follow all state licensing rules and regulations, and Kids Co. policies and procedures.
- Report suspected incidents of abuse and neglect as required by Washington State Law.
- Prepare and serve daily meals and snacks.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and sanitary environment by performing daily cleaning duties. These duties may include washing dishes, cleaning restrooms, mopping/vacuuming floors, sanitizing surfaces, taking trash out, etc.
- Interact with supervisor, co-workers, and families in a professional and respectful manner.
- Promote team work and collaboration among Kids Co. staff.
- Provide occasional support for the administrative office.
- Perform additional job-related duties, special projects, and tasks as assigned by direct supervisor or Kids Co. management.
These duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- 1 year experience working with children.
- Must be extremely flexible and willing to take initiative.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license, personal vehicle, and auto insurance.
- TB test (prior to start date).
- Cleared portable background check (apply within 7 days of hire).
- 30 hours basic STARS training (complete within 90 days of hire).
- First Aid and child/adult CPR certification (within 60 days of hire).
- HIV/AIDS and annual BBP trainings (within 30 days of hire).
- Annual disaster preparedness training (within 7 days if hire).
- WA State food handlers permit (within 30 days).
- Complete Kids Co. orientation (within 7 days of hire).
- Reliable attendance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and understand basic English. This position is very active and requires sitting, standing, walking, running, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. The employee must be able to see and hear children at all times for the safety of children and co-workers.
Kids Co. is committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.