Updated information for full day child care
- If you are interested in full day care and not currently enrolled, please complete the waitlist form and submit to site contact where you’d like your child(ren) to attend.
- Fall Care Start Date: Thursday, September 10 – Kids Co.’s first day of fall care is Thursday, September 10. Kids Co. used the week between the end of summer and start of fall care to train staff, and set up, organize, and clean our spaces. Some sites may start on various dates based on space access and staffing.
- Weekly Full Time (5 days) Enrollment Only – For the health and safety of kids and staff, Kids Co. will only accept 5 days per week enrollment. By reducing the number of students who will be in and out of program and by limiting the amount of turnover in our spaces each week, we are mitigating, as much as possible, exposure to COVID-19 in our centers.
- Program Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM – In order to comply with Seattle-King County Public Health Department cleaning guidelines and for the health and safety of everyone in the center, these program hours allow staff ample time to clean and disinfect the program space before, and after program. There is also additional cleaning throughout the day. In the event that SPS school day hours change, Kids Co. may shift its program hours to accommodate.
- Monthly Tuition: Kids Co. will continue with using monthly tuition for programs that take place during the school year. Although the price for full day care is still being determined, we wanted to clarify that this is still our plan moving forward. The tuition cost will be in the range of $1,400 to $1,700 per month, per child. This cost is due to the increased number of hours required for full day care as well as the increase in number of staff required for multiple spaces and lower ratios needed for physical distancing measures
- Education Support: Although the school district is still determining exact details for online learning, Kids Co. plans to support learning during our full day child care program as best we can. It is important to remember, that many of our staff are not trained educators as your child(ren)’s teachers. We will do our best to support your child’s learning, but much of the SPS structure is not set up for child care and groups of kids. As soon as the online learning structure is approved by the school district we will update families on Kids Co.’s plan for support.
- Kids Co. will continue to utilize recommendations for child care programs created by Seattle- King County Public Health, WA Dept. of Health, and CDC. Some extra precautions Kids Co. is taking are outlined below:
o Curbside Drop Off / Pick Up for children
o Daily Health Checks upon arrival and monitoring throughout the day
o Cloth face coverings required for kids and staff
o Updated program illness policy including COVID-19 symptoms
- Kid Kits – individual commonly used supplies per child to prevent sharing of basic art and school supplies.