Pay Range: $18.45/hr. – $22.00/hr.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Support Kids Co.’s mission and vision by executing the goals and objectives that facilitate the success of the organization. Assist the Program Manager with staff development and with all administrative functions. In the absence of the Program Manager, assume the Program Manager’s responsibilities. Be a model of ethical standards to all children, families, and staff and be a frontline ambassador to represent Kids Co. in the community.
This is a full-time (40) hourly position with hours that vary depending on shift schedule, site, and time of year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a warm and welcoming environment where children and families are greeted by name, and the cultures of the community are represented through activities, art, literature, etc.
- Maintain a safe environment for children by following state licensing standards, keeping facilities hazard-free, ensuring equipment and play space are in working order, and being aware of potential threats to safety.
- Actively play with and supervise children ensuring they are within visual and auditory range at all times.
- Create a fun environment that encourages exploration, active learning, and play by providing opportunities for children to interact with a variety of learning stations.
- Work with teaching staff to plan and execute developmentally appropriate activities and curriculum for the children.
- Teach and develop positive social behaviors in children that nurture peer-to-peer relationship building and support continuity of care. Support positive behavior reinforcement using the Prevent, Teach, Reinforce (PTR) model.
- Keep notes, observations, etc. on individual children on required forms to develop individualized behavior and academic supports for children.
- Follow child tracking and search procedures.
- Keep informed of individual child allergies/restrictions, medical needs, schedules, authorized pick-ups, etc.
- Document all accidents, illnesses, incidents, and administered medications on the required forms immediately after occurrence.
- Develop and maintain professional and positive relationships with families. Provide regular feedback about their child’s day.
- Attend community events, regular staff meetings, and trainings as required by Kids Co. and state licensing to keep current of new developments in ECE, out of school time care, and state regulations.
- Follow all state licensing rules and regulations, and Kids Co. policies and procedures.
- Report suspected incidents of abuse and neglect as required by Washington State Law.
- Ensure the preparation and service of a daily meal/snack program that meets Kids Co. and licensing requirements, as well as the cultural and nutritional needs of the children.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and sanitary indoor and outdoor environments by performing daily cleaning duties. These duties may include washing dishes, cleaning restrooms, mopping/vacuuming floors, sanitizing surfaces, taking trash out, etc.
- Interact with supervisor, co-workers, and families in a professional and respectful manner.
- Perform duties of teaching staff (time in ratio varies by center).
- Promote and incorporate Kids Co.’s mission and vision in all duties and in the community.
- Assist the program manager with personnel management, including interviewing, onboarding/orientation, coaching and training, staff evaluations, etc.
- Document staff performance and provide feedback in collaboration with the program manager.
- Consistently enforce all Kids Co. personnel policies and applicable local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Model and promote professionalism, team work, and collaboration among Kids Co. staff.
- Maintain the accuracy of all personnel and child files, accident and illness reports, and other records required by Kids Co., City, State, and Federal laws.
- Maintain and secure proprietary and confidential information regarding children, families, staff, and Kids Co. at all times.
- Enter and update all family information in Kids Co.’s database.
- Maintain accurate monthly rosters reflecting enrollment, changes in schedule, and withdrawals.
- Maintain regular verbal and written communication with families. This includes, but may not be limited to updating website content, newsletters, center notices, emails, and/or text messages.
- Assist families experiencing financial hardship by identifying tuition assistance opportunities through Kids Co., City of Seattle (HSD), and State (DSHS) subsidies.
- Purchase program supplies and food items under the direction of the Program Manager.
- Promote and organize family events in collaboration with the Program Manager and other center staff.
- Co-facilitate monthly staff meetings and center-based trainings.
- Schedule twice yearly parent-teacher conferences in conjunction with preschool teaching staff.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with school staff and PTA.
- Perform administrative duties such as answering the center phone, collecting payments, accepting and/or providing families with requested forms, etc.
- Perform additional job-related duties, special projects, and tasks as assigned by direct supervisor or Kids Co. management.
These duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- A minimum of 45 college credits in ECE, Child Development, Elementary Education, or equivalent (depending on the location).
- Two or more years of experience working with children at the appropriate age level.
- A minimum of two years of management experience.
- Licensed child care knowledge and experience preferred.
- Attend a DEL orientation (within 6 months of hire).
- TB test (prior to start date).
- Cleared portable background check (apply within 7 days of hire).
- 30 hours basic STARS training (complete within 90 days of hire).
- First Aid and child/adult CPR certification (within 60 days of hire).
- HIV/AIDS and annual BBP trainings (within 30 days of hire).
- Annual disaster preparedness training (within 7 days if hire).
- WA State food handlers permit (within 30 days).
- Complete Kids Co. orientation (within 7 days of hire).
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Requires a professional and psychological maturity, a servant-leader disposition, and a commitment to the principles of high quality child care and education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and understand basic English. This position is very active and requires sitting, standing, walking, running, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. The employee must be able to see and hear children at all times for the safety of children and co-workers.
Kids Co. is committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.