Kids Co. FAQs!
Kids Co. Numbers at a Glance (based on FY’16):
- Enrollment: 1,703
- Scholarships Awarded: 249
- Number of centers: 12
- EIN: 91-1450148
When was Kids Co. founded?
Kids Co. was founded as Evergreen Children’s Association (dba “Kids Co.”) on June 26, 1989. Our first center was established at Adams Elementary in Ballard, where it is still in operation. Today Kids Co. operates 12 centers—8 in Seattle and 4 on Mercer Island—located on public school campuses. For a full list of locations and more details click here.
Does Kids Co. have an annual report?
Yes. Kids Co.’s fiscal year runs from September 1st to August 31st, in conjunction with the public school schedule. Annual reports are available in mid-year following the annual audit. You can review our latest addition here. Additionally, organizational information about Kids Co. is posted on the Washington State Secretary of State, Guidestar, Local Independent Charities, and Seattle Foundation websites.
What will my donation support?
Donations to Kids Co. support the ongoing integration of best practices in child care. Donor sponsored programs include:
- Scholarships: Since opening our doors in 1989, Kids Co. has never turned a child away due to their family’s inability to pay. We provide such care through the Kids Co. Scholarship Fund. In FY’16 scholarships we awarded to 249 children, 70% to our students in our SE Seattle centers—where the support is most needed. Kids Co.’s scholarship policy allows families in need to pay as little as $15 a month for care (depending on need).
- Nutrition: We serve our students nutritious meals and snacks to help children get the nourishment and energy they need to learn and grow – and be healthy.
- Enrichment Programs: By providing the best in special teachers, programs, field trips, and more to ensure the kids have educational and fun learning experiences. From the adult perspective, we’re promoting social-emotional and physical development. The kids just think it’s a blast!
- Staff Training: A well-trained workforce is needed to meet the growing need for high quality child care and to insure that children are prepared and start school ready to learn. Continued training and education leads to improved skills and research has shown that children who receive care from highly trained professionals are more likely to flourish and have greater opportunities for learning.
What is the legal name of Kids Co.?
Evergreen Children’s Association is the legal name of the nonprofit doing business as Kids Co.
Is it safe for me to donate online?
Yes. Kids Co. uses the services of PayPal. When you make a gift on Kids Co.’s website the transaction is facilitated through a highly secure portal managed by PayPal. For more information about the online security PayPal offers, visit https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/home
Is Kids Co. eligible to receive matching gifts?
Yes! And we have added a feature to our website that makes it easy for donors to obtain matching gift forms from their companies. Learn more…
Does Kids Co. accept gifts of appreciated securities?
Yes! To receive information on how to transfer stock contact our development department here or call 206-781-8062.
How is Kids Co. supported?
Kids Co. is supported by tuition, subsidy reimbursements (e.g., DSHS), and contributions, and grants it receives from donors.
How many children and families does Kids Co. serve annually?
Kids Co. serves more than 1,700 children each year at its 12 centers.
Whom do I contact if I have questions about making a gift?
Contact our development department here or call 206-781-8062.
Will Kids Co. keep my personal information private?
Kids Co. does not rent, sell, or lend its donor list. In addition, Kids Co. follows the Donor Bill of Rights, created and endorsed by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association of Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), and the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).