Kids Co. at a Snap Shot
Support For Families:
- Kids Co. cared for 1,493 children in FY'12 (September 1, 2011 to August 31, 2012) and employed a professional staff of 65.
- Families who rely upon Kids Co. to care for their children are employed by businesses large and small representing technology, law, finance, the food and beverage industry, health care, education, and more.
- Approximately one third of the children enrolled in Kids Co. require tuition assistance. More than $387,000 in childcare assistance was disbursed to families in Fiscal Year 2012 (September 1, 2011 to August 31, 2012).No family is ever turned away on the basis of family income or ability to pay.
- Kids Co. welcomes all families. We value our differences and our similarities, striving to be sensitive to the uniqueness of others in everything we do.
- There are eleven Kids Co. centers in communities around Seattle and Greater Seattle: Ballard, Eastlake/Capitol Hill, Mercer Island (two sites), Mount Baker, Queen Anne (two sites), Rainier Beach, South Seattle, and Wallingford.
- All Kids Co. centers are located on the campuses of area public schools.
- We provide before school and after school care, preschool programming, and summer day camp for kids ages 2½ to 14 years-old.
- Kids Co. activities and curricula integrate with the academic standards of public schools, align with the 40 Developmental Assets, and are individually tailored to meet the needs of each child.
- Kids Co. is an early adopter of School Age Program Quality Assessment (SPQA) practices and standards, a visionary rating system developed by the David P. Weikert Center for Youth Program Quality.
- Our centers adhere to the highest U.S. standards in child care as established by the National AfterSchool Association (NAA), the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), and the Council on Accreditation (COA).
- Kids Co. centers are designed to offer children resource rich environments which support their social and relational development.
- Programming is varied and textured, offering kids engaging choices and options for play and discovery, opportunities to go on fun field trips, and homework support when needed.
Stable and Trusted:
- Established in 1989, Kids Co. is entering its third decade of service and over the years has provided care for thousands of children and families.
- A 2011 parent survey found that 96 percent of families are pleased with their overall experience with Kids Co.
- Sites are extremely secure and a staff-to-child ratio ranges from 1 to 7 for preschool and 1 to 10 for school age children — well below the state minimum
- Kids Co.’s professional staff turnover is extremely low, providing stable relationships for children, as well as for families.